Water impurities such as salt, chlorine cause the hair to be in parched condition. Swimming pools need chlorine as additive as to keep it free of bacteria and as such every trip to the swimming pool is a potential disaster zone for the hair. Excessive use of shampoo adds to the dryness. Split ends of the hair are sign of dryness.
Try the following for hair care and to overcome the dry hair. Most of the hair care remedies suggested are simple to blend and apply:
- use mild shampoo – sulfate free
- use less shampoo
- wash less frequently
- nourish hair with blended paste/puree of 1/2 banana + 1/2 avocado + 1/2 teaspoon of almond oil- over-ripe, even would work – keep the puree in your hair for 20 minutes – wash in the kitchen sink
- egg yolk of 3 to 4 eggs – applied and kept for 30 minutes before wash
- two tablespoons of yogurt + 1 teaspoon of almond oil + 1 teaspoon of olive oil – blend them and apply- keep it for 45- 60 minutes before wash
- mayonnaise works excellent to cure dry hair – leave it in the hair for upto an hour and then wash
- every four weeks cut or snip the split ends
- avoid use of heat on the hair – to straighten use a moist wrap under and over – for curls, just add a weave or braids
- use swimming cap when in the pool or chance exposure to untreated water
- spray beer on the hair and dry with a towel – after drying beer does not smell – hair would look shiny
- when possible, wear hat or cap to protect from breeze and sun
- select a better conditioner.
The regularly following of these steps may benefit you. The underlying remedies are to avoid the
Share the recipe of dry hair care to help others, please!